Monday, April 4, 2011

Refill Film Expiry Date

I had a customer asking me whether Instax Refill Film have an expiry date or not.
I said YES, Fujifilm Instax Refill film does have an expiry date..

It is printed on the top of the refill film box..

You can see it on the photo.

It means that you have to use the film before the date stated.












So, what happen if you use the expired one..?

Nothing to worry about, really.
I did try once.. your photos will still be okay, it's just that the color will turn into a sephia color.. a bit yellowish and like an old photos.

But one of my friends told me.. it all depends on how you store / keep your films. He used an expired film before and the photos turned out to be really great, just like new.


Follow the instruction stated the box "Store in cool and dry condition. Do not freeze". Meaning that your storage place should not be exposed to the sun and the temperature is cool (25 degrees and below should be ok I think).






And yea.. the box also said to protect it from X-RAY.. but I think the airport X-RAY won't affect much if you store them in your luggage.








Keeping them in refrigerator as most of analog photographers do to store their negative film might also be good.. just remember, not in the freezer okay?! hahaha..

So.. my tips on keeping your Refill film save & still performing good even if it has reach the expiration date:

  • Keep them in a cool place, for example: cupboard in your bedroom.
  • Keep them in a dry place
  • Do not expose to the sun
  • If it's necessary, you can keep them in the refrigerator. Put them in a tupperware first and then store in the fridge. NOT on the freezer ya..

I hope this Note helps :)

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! Thank you for posting this! I've been scouring the internet on caring tips for Instax films and this post helps a lot. ♥

http://luluxbones.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you it helps me a lot since I'm getting one for Christmas x

Jingga said...

Thakyou it's really helping

Post a Comment